Or put it another way, Tevez or Berbatov?
How SAF must be kicking himself about signing Berbatov then allowing Tevez to slip from his grasp. Following the Argentine’s summer move to Eastlands, Ferguson claimed Tevez wasn’t worth the £25m paid for him yet United paid over £30m for Berbatov.
Yet the goals ratio speaks for itself. In two seasons at United, Berbatov has scored a grand total of 26 goals in all competitions. Last season, he scored 14 in all competitions while this time around he is languishing on 12.
By comparison, Tevez has scored 28 in all competitions in his first season at Eastlands, two more than the Bulgarian has managed in two years! So if Carlos Tevez is not worth £25m, what is Berbatov worth?
Have you got anyone else not worth the money Fergie?
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot
- Guardiola wants Man City to move for Jack Grealish
- Gael Clichy questions City’s move for Lionel Messi