Or put it another way, Tevez or Berbatov?
How SAF must be kicking himself about signing Berbatov then allowing Tevez to slip from his grasp. Following the Argentine’s summer move to Eastlands, Ferguson claimed Tevez wasn’t worth the £25m paid for him yet United paid over £30m for Berbatov.
Yet the goals ratio speaks for itself. In two seasons at United, Berbatov has scored a grand total of 26 goals in all competitions. Last season, he scored 14 in all competitions while this time around he is languishing on 12.
By comparison, Tevez has scored 28 in all competitions in his first season at Eastlands, two more than the Bulgarian has managed in two years! So if Carlos Tevez is not worth £25m, what is Berbatov worth?
Have you got anyone else not worth the money Fergie?
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?