The News of the World have reported City manager Roberto Mancini has been involved in a bust up striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
The Italian has apparently accused the Togolese striker of faking an injury before last weekend’s match at Blackburn and a club spokesman said there was a ‘minor’ disagreement about the timescale of his return from injury, but stated it had been resolved.
Adebayor was left out of the starting line up on the opening day of the season at Spurs and he reportedly wanted to confront Mancini at the time. The striker also missed City’s opening Europa League game a Salzburg through injury.
The striker is no stranger to controversy and attempted to engineer a move to AC Milan from Arsenal a couple of years ago before finally moving to Eastlands last summer. Last season he was suspended twice, once following his actions on Robin van Persie and secondly for being sent off at Stoke. Not forgetting the fact that he almost started a riot during the home game against Arsenal and his comments in the summer, when he claimed if an offer came in for him he would be off.
Ade is in the squad to face Wigan this afternoon as the blues seek to get their second win of the season at their struggling Lancashire neighbours.
What do you think? Is Ade becoming another troublemaker or is more being made of it than there is? Let us know your thoughts.
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund