Emmanuel Adebayor has been banned for a minumum of three games. What does this mean for the club and its ambition of a top four finish?
For starters, Mark Hughes decision this past closed season to loan out a number of potential reserves coupled with an injury crisis has left Craig Bellamy as the only potential striker for the Manchester Derby on Sunday. This means Hughes will need to field a 4-5-1 formation and hope Bellamy can play a full 90 minutes. Roque Santa Cruz and Benjani and both still out, while Robinho and Carlos Tevez are highly doubtful.
A worst case scenario could see the possible use of left footed Martin Petrov as an emergency striker off the bench.
Here is the possible lineup for City:
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash