Johnson in action for City against Leicester City
Adam Johnson is set for a shock early return to first team action, after having been ruled out until the end of April with an ankle injury.
Roberto Mancini has previously admitted to ‘struggling’ without the England international, but remained hopeful that he will return to fitness in time for a potential FA Cup or Europa League final.
The 23-year-old is no longer wearing a protective cast that supported his weight, and is hopeful of being involved in England’s crucial Euro qualifier against Wales next Saturday. Roberto however has yet decided whether to grant him permission to play in Cardiff as the Italian would like to see him get a couple of reserve games under his belt before fighting for his place in the first XI
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?