City midfielder Gareth Barry will see a specialist over his ankle injury.
Barry went off in the second half of City’s 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs on Wednesday and at first the club suspected it was just a sprain. However, Barry will see the specialist later today to determine the full extent of the injury.
The former Villa man, who was City’s first signing last summer, has been ruled out of Sunday’s final game of the season at West Ham and will be hoping to be included in Fabio Capello’s provisional 30 man World Cup squad, which will be announced on Tuesday.
Barry has made 36 appearances for the national side and will be desperate to be amongst the England stars selected to travel to South Africa when Capello whittles down the provisional squad to 23 following the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?