City midfielder Gareth Barry will see a specialist over his ankle injury.
Barry went off in the second half of City’s 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs on Wednesday and at first the club suspected it was just a sprain. However, Barry will see the specialist later today to determine the full extent of the injury.
The former Villa man, who was City’s first signing last summer, has been ruled out of Sunday’s final game of the season at West Ham and will be hoping to be included in Fabio Capello’s provisional 30 man World Cup squad, which will be announced on Tuesday.
Barry has made 36 appearances for the national side and will be desperate to be amongst the England stars selected to travel to South Africa when Capello whittles down the provisional squad to 23 following the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?