The fallout between City and Craig Bellamy will temporarily end today as the Welsh striker is set to sign for Cardiff on loan.
Bellers has been omitted from City’s 25 man squad for the new Premiership season and has been linked to Spurs, Fulham and Celtic but Championship side Cardiff look to have beaten them all to Belles signature.
The striker has been unhappy at City since former boss Mark Hughes was sacked in December and replaced by Roberto Mancini. Since then, Bellamy has had a series of bust-ups with the manager and Brian Marwood which have resulted in fines and more recently, Bellers apparent expulsion from the City training ground.
Bellamy was one of City’s best players last season but is has been clear for some time that the striker doesn’t feature in Mancini’s future plans for the blues. Prior to his omission from the squad, Bellamy threatened to quit football altogether but now his home tow club have give him the opportunity to thrive again, despite Spurs boss Harry Redknapp’s efforts to tempt him to White Hart Lane.
Maybe this will be a good move for Bellers. With him moving out of the Premiership limelight, it could be the perfect opportunity to show the blues exactly what they are missing.
What do you think? Have the blues made a mistake in allowing Bellers to leave? Will Balotelli be any better? Let us know your thoughts
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?