The blues take on Spurs at White Hart Lane trying to improve on their dismal record in North London.
City have only won once at White Hart Lane in the Premiership and that came courtesy of a 2-0 win in April 2003, with David Sommeil and Joey Barton both getting on the scoresheet.
Since then, City have lost seven of the following eight visits there with the only point coming in April 2004 when Nicolas Anelka scored to give City a share of the spoils. The only other joy the blues have achieved in North London was coming from 3-0 down to beat Spurs 4-3 in the 4th round of the FA Cup in February 2004.
City fared no better in the days before the Premiership, losing 21 of the 46 games played at the Lane and winning on just 12 occasions.
City’s record at White Hart Lane
|First Division (Old)||46||12||13||21||59||83|
|Second Division (Old)||2||1||1||0||3||2|
|First Division (New)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Second Division (New)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
City’s biggest league win at White Hart Lane came in February 1979 when Brian Kidd, Peter Barnes and Mick Channon scored in a 3-0 win.
However, the blues have twice lost 5-1 in London in April 1934 and February 1958.
City’s longest unbeaten run at White Hart Lane is seven games January 1972 and February 1979. During these years, City won four and drew three.
Rather Meaningless Facts
City failed to score at White Hart Lane last season, the first time they have done that since September 2000.
The last time City did the double over Spurs was in the 1991/92 season. Niall Quinn grabbed the winner at The Lane, while David White secured the points at Maine Road. Both games ended 1-0.
The last time City and Spurs met on the opening day was at White Hart Lane in August 1990. That game also followed an England’s World Cup exit at Germany’s hands. The score on that day? Spurs 3-1 City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion