City take on Juventus tonight, aiming to assert their authority on the group and at the most, could be four points clear of the chasing pack after tonight’s results.
The blues currently top Group A after a 2-0 win in Salzburg while their main rivals for the group, Tonight’s opponents Juventus, could only manager a 3-3 draw at home to Lech Poznan of Poland.
The last time City were in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, they won two and drew one of the four games but have won all three Europa League games so far this season.
After returning to Serie A in 2007, Juventus have struggled to make an impact in the Italian league, despite finishing runners up in the 2008/09 season. Their last league title came in the 2002/03 season and their last success in the Coppa Italia was in 1995.
Micah Richards could return to the City line up after missing the win over Chelsea with a hamstring injury. Left backs Wayne Bridge and Aleksander Kolarov will miss the game through injury ands Shaun Wright-Phillips is struggling with a knee problem.
City (from): Hart, Given, Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, K Toure, Boyata, Cunningham, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Vieira, Milner, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz.
Juventus (from): Storari, Motta, Chiellini, Rinaudo, Legrottaglie, Bonucci, Grygera, Pepe, Sissoko, Krasic, Melo, Iaquinta, del Piero, Manninger, Marchisio, Martinez, Lanzafame, de Ceglie, Costantino, Giandonato, Giannetti
Juventus are a good side but very much a team in transition so I think the blues will come through this latest test.
Prediction: City 2-0 Juventus
What is your prediction? Let us know how you think the match will go.
Remember to find us on Facebook under Man City Blog and get all the latest articles from MCB on Twitter. You’ll find us on Twitter under ManCityBlog
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement