City have been paired against former manager Sven Goran Eriksson’s Leicester in the third round of the FA Cup.
The Swede was sacked after just one season at City despite leading the blues into the UEFA Cup, however that was under the reign of previous chairman Thaksin Shinawatra.
The blues have since undergone a new revolution since the Sven days, with a change of ownership and two different managers, but the Swede will still be eager to prove a point against his former club.
The match will be a huge test of City’s credentials to win some silverware this season and current City boss Roberto Mancini will want to avoid an early cup exit at the hands of lower league opposition.
Elsewhere in the cup, there are potential shocks on the cards as Newcastle travel to Stevenage and Blackpool visit Southampton but the apparent tie of the round is at Old Trafford where Liverpool are the visitors in the only all Premiership tie.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville