City have been paired against former manager Sven Goran Eriksson’s Leicester in the third round of the FA Cup.
The Swede was sacked after just one season at City despite leading the blues into the UEFA Cup, however that was under the reign of previous chairman Thaksin Shinawatra.
The blues have since undergone a new revolution since the Sven days, with a change of ownership and two different managers, but the Swede will still be eager to prove a point against his former club.
The match will be a huge test of City’s credentials to win some silverware this season and current City boss Roberto Mancini will want to avoid an early cup exit at the hands of lower league opposition.
Elsewhere in the cup, there are potential shocks on the cards as Newcastle travel to Stevenage and Blackpool visit Southampton but the apparent tie of the round is at Old Trafford where Liverpool are the visitors in the only all Premiership tie.
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot
- Guardiola wants Man City to move for Jack Grealish
- Gael Clichy questions City’s move for Lionel Messi