City have been paired against former manager Sven Goran Eriksson’s Leicester in the third round of the FA Cup.
The Swede was sacked after just one season at City despite leading the blues into the UEFA Cup, however that was under the reign of previous chairman Thaksin Shinawatra.
The blues have since undergone a new revolution since the Sven days, with a change of ownership and two different managers, but the Swede will still be eager to prove a point against his former club.
The match will be a huge test of City’s credentials to win some silverware this season and current City boss Roberto Mancini will want to avoid an early cup exit at the hands of lower league opposition.
Elsewhere in the cup, there are potential shocks on the cards as Newcastle travel to Stevenage and Blackpool visit Southampton but the apparent tie of the round is at Old Trafford where Liverpool are the visitors in the only all Premiership tie.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement