City take on Everton on Monday, looking to go into the Christmas period as league leaders.
The blues sit in third place in the league just two points behind leaders United and will go top with victory over David Moyes’ struggling side. The Toffees have won just one game away from home this season while City have won four of their seven games at home so far.
There is still an element of bad blood between the two sides, most notably from the Merseysiders which stems from the Joleon Lescott affair from last summer and Moyes will be eager to beat the blues again following last season’s double over City.
But with the opportunity of leading the Premier League at Christmas, Roberto Mancini’s side will be hoping for another three points that will also keep their unbeaten run in check.
Mancini will have the opportunity to select want away striker Carlos Tevez following his one match suspension against West Ham last weekend. But if he is selected, he may have to do so without the captain’s armband, with Mancini rumoured to be stripping him of the honour in favour of former skipper Kolo Toure.
The blues will be missing midfield hardman Nigel de Jong for the clash as he serves a one match suspension.
Everton have injury worries over Steven Piennar, Tony Hibbert and John Heitinga, while former City target (allegedly) Mikel Arteta misses the match through suspension.
City (from): Hart, Richards, Bridge, Lescott, Boyata, Kolarov, Vieira, Barry, Johnson, K Toure, Y Toure, Silva, Tevez, Jo, Adebayor, Balotelli, Given, Milner, Kompany, Boateng, Logan, Cunningham.
Everton (from): Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Saha, Yakubu, Beckford, Anichebe, Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Hibbert, Duffy, Baxter, Mucha.
City (last five): DWDWW
Everton (last five): LDLDD
Prediction: City 3-0 Everton
Everton will prove a difficult opponent but I think the blues will over come them and record a decent home win.
What do you think? Agree with the prediction? Let us know your thoughts.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion