City fans will be keeping one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash at Anfield where Liverpool take on Sunderland.
With City’s game against Wigan not taking place until Monday, Liverpool have an opportunity to move back into fifth place in the league ahead of the blues, who will be hoping the Wearsiders will spring a surprise on Merseyside.
Although City have eight games to catch Spurs up in fourth, fifth place might be the best they can achieve this season after the London side went five points ahead of City with a 2-0 win over Portsmouth at White Hart Lane on Saturday.
Aston Villa had an opportunity to overtake the blues but were thumped 7-1 at Chelsea with Frank Lampard scoring four of the goals.
This season’s Premiership has been the most open in recent years and will probably spring a few more surprises before the season’s out.
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players
- Riyad Mahrez admits City’s woes in front of goal have been frustrating
- Txiki Begiristain: We are really happy with Pep’s commitment