City fans will be keeping one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash at Anfield where Liverpool take on Sunderland.
With City’s game against Wigan not taking place until Monday, Liverpool have an opportunity to move back into fifth place in the league ahead of the blues, who will be hoping the Wearsiders will spring a surprise on Merseyside.
Although City have eight games to catch Spurs up in fourth, fifth place might be the best they can achieve this season after the London side went five points ahead of City with a 2-0 win over Portsmouth at White Hart Lane on Saturday.
Aston Villa had an opportunity to overtake the blues but were thumped 7-1 at Chelsea with Frank Lampard scoring four of the goals.
This season’s Premiership has been the most open in recent years and will probably spring a few more surprises before the season’s out.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville