Blues Out For Revenge On Saturday
Last season, this fixture was regarded as the most eagerly anticipated derbies in many years, but Saturday’s game at Old Trafford will top that one.
The blues were unbeaten by the time we crossed the Manchester / Trafford border and three equalisers couldn’t stop a last minute winner by Michael Owen. And it was another last minute goal that stopped the blues from reaching Wembley in the league Cup semi final last season, while the lesson about defending until the end wasn’t learnt when Paul Scholes scored in injury time at Eastlands.
Those three defeats last season and just one win at Old Trafford since 1974, means the blues should have enough incentive to give those supporters lucky enough to have tickets for the game some measure of vengeance. And you can get your tickets for the title clash on TixDaq.
United have had a good run this season, but following defeat at Wolves last weekend, they will be eager to prove that their shock defeat was a one off as well as giving their side another victory over their rivals in order to put City ‘in their place.’
Twelve wins in thirteen home games is a formidable record, with the only team to take a point from Old Trafford being struggling West Brom and City will have to work hard to stop them making it thirteen wins.
Both teams have excellent squads and it will be interesting to see what BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson’s prediction for the match will be. We will be bringing you our own predictions prior to the match on Saturday, along with our derby day preview.
United fans have had far too much to celebrate over the last few years and have the best home record in the league. But City themselves have an excellent away record and Saturday’s game will be just one of many future title run ins against our biggest rivals.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?