In advance of today’s Boxing Day clash with Hull, Benjani has been ruled out yet again with an injury. Jo, whose form has been shocking is on the bench and Felipe Caicedo gets his first start of the Premier League campaign. Caicedo has scored a goal in each of City’s last two matches, in the UEFA Cup against Racing and in the league versus West Brom.
This morning, Marcus Senna of Villereal who was heroic over the summer for Spain in Euro 2008, was linked with a potential move to City in January. While I’ve been concerned about brining in non English based players in January, Senna would compliment Robinho well in the Blues attack.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?