Cardiff City are apparently set to launch an audacious £7m move for City star Craig Bellamy, according to The Mirror, who also claim the Bellers is keen on the move.
The Bluebirds new owners are reported to have given manager Dave Jones permission to bid for the striker, who has also recently been linked with Spurs and Everton but Cardiff are looking genuine contenders to win Bellamy’s signature.
Bellamy has had several reported clashes with the City hierarchy since the sacking of Mark Hughes and is said to be willing to give up some of his hefty wages and European football, in order to secure the move.
Cardiff missed out on a place in next season’s Premier League after losing the play-off final 3-2 to Blackpool and signing Bellamy will be a huge boost to their squad, as well as their attendances.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville