Cardiff City are apparently set to launch an audacious £7m move for City star Craig Bellamy, according to The Mirror, who also claim the Bellers is keen on the move.
The Bluebirds new owners are reported to have given manager Dave Jones permission to bid for the striker, who has also recently been linked with Spurs and Everton but Cardiff are looking genuine contenders to win Bellamy’s signature.
Bellamy has had several reported clashes with the City hierarchy since the sacking of Mark Hughes and is said to be willing to give up some of his hefty wages and European football, in order to secure the move.
Cardiff missed out on a place in next season’s Premier League after losing the play-off final 3-2 to Blackpool and signing Bellamy will be a huge boost to their squad, as well as their attendances.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?