Joe Hart kept another clean sheet and Adam Johnson scored his first international goal as England got recorded a 4-0 win over Bulgaria.
Gareth Barry and James Milner also in good form as the Three Lions cruised to victory over Martin Petrov’s national side. Former City striker Valeri Bojinov also featured for the visitors.
Jermain Defoe gave England a first half lead, which was preserved when Hart saved from a fierce Stanislav Angelov shot. Moments later, Defoe doubled England’s lead before Hart was called into action again, saving brilliantly to deny Dimitar Rangelov after the striker replaced Bojinov.
Defoe and Wayne Rooney combined to set up Adam Johnson for England’s third goal, moments after sending a shot wide of the far post before Defoe completed his hat-trick for England’s fourth.
Elsewhere in Euro 2012 qualifiers, David Silva scored for Spain as they beat Liechtenstein 4-0 while the funniest result of the night came from France, who were beaten 1-0 at home to Belarus. How the mighty have fallen eh?
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?