On the eve of City’s clash with Wigan, Latics boss Roberto Martinez has bulled up City’s chances of winning the Premier League by claiming the blues have the best squad in the Premier League.
Martinez refuses to write off City’s chances despite a stuttering start to the season with the blues having won just one out their first four games. “Chelsea have made a great start, but the season is not going to be decided in the first few months and Man City could easily join that title race.
They have that strength and talent in that squad. They played one game in the Europa League and all of a sudden David Silva is back – that is how quickly they can get top players back on form”, said the Wigan chief, who will engage in a battle of the Roberto’s on Sunday afternoon.
Wigan will be hoping to inflict another defeat on the blues in a game that City should be expected to win handsomely. A win could see City in fourth place on goal difference ahead of Spurs.
What do you think? Will City be involved in the title race? Will the blues win in Wigan tomorrow? Let us know your thoughts.
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players
- Riyad Mahrez admits City’s woes in front of goal have been frustrating
- Txiki Begiristain: We are really happy with Pep’s commitment