On the eve of City’s clash with Wigan, Latics boss Roberto Martinez has bulled up City’s chances of winning the Premier League by claiming the blues have the best squad in the Premier League.
Martinez refuses to write off City’s chances despite a stuttering start to the season with the blues having won just one out their first four games. “Chelsea have made a great start, but the season is not going to be decided in the first few months and Man City could easily join that title race.
They have that strength and talent in that squad. They played one game in the Europa League and all of a sudden David Silva is back – that is how quickly they can get top players back on form”, said the Wigan chief, who will engage in a battle of the Roberto’s on Sunday afternoon.
Wigan will be hoping to inflict another defeat on the blues in a game that City should be expected to win handsomely. A win could see City in fourth place on goal difference ahead of Spurs.
What do you think? Will City be involved in the title race? Will the blues win in Wigan tomorrow? Let us know your thoughts.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season