Gigi Buffon is very outspoken on City matters. He and his agent claim to have turned down City, and repeat these comments every week or so, along with other stinging attacks on City and how he would never leave Juventus.
Buffon latest attack was aimed at City’s defenders who he claims none of are world class, that is one of the reasons he would not join City. The other reason is an old chestnut we hear all to often ” History”. Buffon like so many other players of today thinks history can win you cups and glory in the future.
While belittling City and taking every chance possible to take cheap shots at the club Gigi should look to the recent history of Juventus I can think of one fine moment for you “Calciopoli scandal”
Buffon is and always will be a mouth piece, a vain media attention seeking whore. Fantastic goal keeper I would have to say Yes he is, Is Joe Hart and Shay Given in the same leauge no doubts in my mind that they are. City don’t need any more goal keepers Gigi. The fact is City have to many world class keepers as Hart is now surly the England Number 1 and Given will be Irelands number 1 until he decides to retire.
Buffon’s comments about City’s defence were well a little short sighted, as now since City and Juve will come face to face in the Europa league. Time to stop talking and and see what Juve and Buffon can do on the pitch, I feel the fire power City have up front will put 2 or 3 past Buffon on 30th of September at Eastlands. While Kolo and the lads soak up the pressure from Juventus in defence.
I watched Juventus lately against Irish Minnows Shamrock Rovers, away from home Juve looked weak. Their defenders Chiellni and Grosso were resorting to dirty play to save face. Of course no Italian team can play football without diving and rolling around the ground in agony only to get up and walk off smirking.
Really looking forward to Juventus coming to Eastlands so City can show Buffon what they can do first hand.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?