3 points is just that, City and Blackpool played and end to end game today and although City won I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach in the last 15 minutes of so Blackpool were going to pull of a draw or worse. Adam Johnson got the only goal of the game in the 34th minute. Tevez had an off day with his first City penalty miss followed by two or 3 easy enough sitters by his own standards, everyone can have an off day today it was just his turn. Things really stated to turn hairy when Holloway took Sylvestre off and put on his 18 year old summer signing Matt Phillips who had an impact straight away. The game finished out with Blackpool throwing everything at City. City dug deep to keep the seasiders at bay although at times the defence looked more than a bit shakey. End of the match 3 points in the bag and thats what matters. Ian Holloway in fairness said he had No complaints and Blackpool had giving a good account of themselves against a top team which to Blackpools credit they did just that I can see them easily staying up when they play like that. The heart they showed was impressive.
On the down side David Silva went off with a knee injury add that to the injury of Balotelli, it is not great as next up is Arsenal, after the home game at Eastlands and how the table now lies that game is a must win to keep the dream alive.
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion