City news for today 28/07/10
Alex Gibson has left the club after 12 years
“It was a very difficult decision to make,” he said. “Before I came to City I was with the FA, working with the national teams, and that was a tough role to walk away from, too.
“But it proved to be a great move to City. I’ve have 12 fantastic years here during which the coaching team enjoyed great success at the Academy, and long may that continue.”
Alex latterly took on an international brief and his last assignment was in New York as the Blues established a bond with the youngsters of Spanish Harlem and elsewhere.
He said: “I’m leaving for purely personal reasons. The Club have been fantastic with me, but I just feel it’s time now to change and seek a final career challenge before I retire.
“I’ll always cherish our FA Youth Cup win in 2008 against Chelsea – that will stay with me forever. I’ll miss working with the lads, but I hope to call in from time to time.”
We all wish Alex the best for the future
Striker Jo has been linked with a move to Blackburn and Roque Santa Cruz has been linked with Marseille and Stoke which would prove to be a good move Stoke mainly kick, and throw the ball up and hope. There are some less creditable stories floating about with Craig Bellamy been offered to sweeten the Milner deal and Ireland to move well anywhere.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?