City news for today 28/07/10
Alex Gibson has left the club after 12 years
“It was a very difficult decision to make,” he said. “Before I came to City I was with the FA, working with the national teams, and that was a tough role to walk away from, too.
“But it proved to be a great move to City. I’ve have 12 fantastic years here during which the coaching team enjoyed great success at the Academy, and long may that continue.”
Alex latterly took on an international brief and his last assignment was in New York as the Blues established a bond with the youngsters of Spanish Harlem and elsewhere.
He said: “I’m leaving for purely personal reasons. The Club have been fantastic with me, but I just feel it’s time now to change and seek a final career challenge before I retire.
“I’ll always cherish our FA Youth Cup win in 2008 against Chelsea – that will stay with me forever. I’ll miss working with the lads, but I hope to call in from time to time.”
We all wish Alex the best for the future
Striker Jo has been linked with a move to Blackburn and Roque Santa Cruz has been linked with Marseille and Stoke which would prove to be a good move Stoke mainly kick, and throw the ball up and hope. There are some less creditable stories floating about with Craig Bellamy been offered to sweeten the Milner deal and Ireland to move well anywhere.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement