City news for today 28/07/10
Alex Gibson has left the club after 12 years
“It was a very difficult decision to make,” he said. “Before I came to City I was with the FA, working with the national teams, and that was a tough role to walk away from, too.
“But it proved to be a great move to City. I’ve have 12 fantastic years here during which the coaching team enjoyed great success at the Academy, and long may that continue.”
Alex latterly took on an international brief and his last assignment was in New York as the Blues established a bond with the youngsters of Spanish Harlem and elsewhere.
He said: “I’m leaving for purely personal reasons. The Club have been fantastic with me, but I just feel it’s time now to change and seek a final career challenge before I retire.
“I’ll always cherish our FA Youth Cup win in 2008 against Chelsea – that will stay with me forever. I’ll miss working with the lads, but I hope to call in from time to time.”
We all wish Alex the best for the future
Striker Jo has been linked with a move to Blackburn and Roque Santa Cruz has been linked with Marseille and Stoke which would prove to be a good move Stoke mainly kick, and throw the ball up and hope. There are some less creditable stories floating about with Craig Bellamy been offered to sweeten the Milner deal and Ireland to move well anywhere.
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot
- Guardiola wants Man City to move for Jack Grealish
- Gael Clichy questions City’s move for Lionel Messi