Report have emerged this morning that City are set to win the race to sign Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga.
The blues look like they have beat competition from Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan to sign the highly rated Kenyan before Monday’s 5pm transfer deadline.
City have agreed terms with Parma for the midfielder, which is a £7m payment and player exchange with Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov making his loan move to the Italian side permanent.
Mariga helped Parma to promotion from Serie B last season and is considered one of the best young African players.
The blues are also hoping to sign Middlesbrough’s highly rated winger Adam Johnson before the transfer window slams shut. The winger has reportedly told Boro he wants to speak to City about a possible move and the blues have tabled an offer in the region of £5m.
However Boro are looking to get around double that amount but may decide to sell the youngster as Johnson is out of contract in the summer and could leave on a free transfer.
City’s interest in Johnson has apparently prompted Barcelona to consider making a bid for City’s home grown Shaun Wright-Phillips. The little winger returned to the blues in 2008 after a spell with Chelsea but the blues would risk the wrath of the supporters should they decide to sell SWP again.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season