Report have emerged this morning that City are set to win the race to sign Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga.
The blues look like they have beat competition from Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan to sign the highly rated Kenyan before Monday’s 5pm transfer deadline.
City have agreed terms with Parma for the midfielder, which is a £7m payment and player exchange with Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov making his loan move to the Italian side permanent.
Mariga helped Parma to promotion from Serie B last season and is considered one of the best young African players.
The blues are also hoping to sign Middlesbrough’s highly rated winger Adam Johnson before the transfer window slams shut. The winger has reportedly told Boro he wants to speak to City about a possible move and the blues have tabled an offer in the region of £5m.
However Boro are looking to get around double that amount but may decide to sell the youngster as Johnson is out of contract in the summer and could leave on a free transfer.
City’s interest in Johnson has apparently prompted Barcelona to consider making a bid for City’s home grown Shaun Wright-Phillips. The little winger returned to the blues in 2008 after a spell with Chelsea but the blues would risk the wrath of the supporters should they decide to sell SWP again.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities