Finally the World Cup starts on Friday and City have ten representatives at the tournament.
Shaun Wright-Phillips, Gareth Barry and Joe Hart will be hoping for glory in England shirts while Roque Santa Cruz will be hoping to rediscover his goal scoring touch for Paraguay.
King Carlos will be leading the Argentine attack alongside Lionel Messi while City new boy Jerome Boateng lines up for Germany. Nigel de Jong is in the Dutch squad attempting to win the trophy for the first time while wing wizard Vladimir Weiss will be hoping to impress Roberto Mancini with some good performances in the Slovakian team.
Skipper Kolo Toure will line up alongside brother and City target Yaya for the Ivory coast while want away misfit Robinho features in the Brazilian squad.
Throughout the tournament, Over The Blue Moon will be keeping tabs on all City players, supposed transfer targets and former blues, such as Elano and Gelson Fernandes.
With four weeks of football to come and the new season’s fixtures out during the tournament, it should be a good summer.
Best wishes to all out players in South Africa especially the England boys. Come on lads, do us proud.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville