Benfica star Angel Di Maria has quashed any rumours regarding his future, for now at least.
The 22 year old Argentinean winger has been a star performer for Benfica this season and is also a target for United and Chelsea and will be in the shop window tonight as his side take on Liverpool in the Europa League quarter finals.
But Di Maria stated that he is not interested in the rumours and is only focused on Benfica. “In England they look through everything with a magnifying glass. At the moment I am only interested in Benfica and I think we can win anywhere in Europe.”
But if a move does materialise, it will cast fresh doubt on the futures of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Martin Petrov.
SWP has been in the news recently it was reported he was looking for a new contract that would put him up alongside the ‘big money’ players, while Petrov has been unhappy at City since Mark Hughes replaced Sven Goran Eriksson at the beginning of last season.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities