Benfica star Angel Di Maria has quashed any rumours regarding his future, for now at least.
The 22 year old Argentinean winger has been a star performer for Benfica this season and is also a target for United and Chelsea and will be in the shop window tonight as his side take on Liverpool in the Europa League quarter finals.
But Di Maria stated that he is not interested in the rumours and is only focused on Benfica. “In England they look through everything with a magnifying glass. At the moment I am only interested in Benfica and I think we can win anywhere in Europe.”
But if a move does materialise, it will cast fresh doubt on the futures of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Martin Petrov.
SWP has been in the news recently it was reported he was looking for a new contract that would put him up alongside the ‘big money’ players, while Petrov has been unhappy at City since Mark Hughes replaced Sven Goran Eriksson at the beginning of last season.
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund