Benfica star Angel Di Maria has quashed any rumours regarding his future, for now at least.
The 22 year old Argentinean winger has been a star performer for Benfica this season and is also a target for United and Chelsea and will be in the shop window tonight as his side take on Liverpool in the Europa League quarter finals.
But Di Maria stated that he is not interested in the rumours and is only focused on Benfica. “In England they look through everything with a magnifying glass. At the moment I am only interested in Benfica and I think we can win anywhere in Europe.”
But if a move does materialise, it will cast fresh doubt on the futures of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Martin Petrov.
SWP has been in the news recently it was reported he was looking for a new contract that would put him up alongside the ‘big money’ players, while Petrov has been unhappy at City since Mark Hughes replaced Sven Goran Eriksson at the beginning of last season.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season