Benfica star Angel Di Maria has quashed any rumours regarding his future, for now at least.
The 22 year old Argentinean winger has been a star performer for Benfica this season and is also a target for United and Chelsea and will be in the shop window tonight as his side take on Liverpool in the Europa League quarter finals.
But Di Maria stated that he is not interested in the rumours and is only focused on Benfica. “In England they look through everything with a magnifying glass. At the moment I am only interested in Benfica and I think we can win anywhere in Europe.”
But if a move does materialise, it will cast fresh doubt on the futures of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Martin Petrov.
SWP has been in the news recently it was reported he was looking for a new contract that would put him up alongside the ‘big money’ players, while Petrov has been unhappy at City since Mark Hughes replaced Sven Goran Eriksson at the beginning of last season.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville