City look to get back to winning ways on Saturday as Blackburn visit Eastlands.
City were beaten in injury time at Sunderland last Sunday and the blues will be looking to gain three points from the team they doubled last season.
The two teams will meet for the 13th time in the Premier League, with both teams winning three and drawing six. However, Blackburn have scored more goals than the blues in this fixture, knocking in 19 past the blues while City have replied with 18.
The majority of meetings between the two came in the old First Division in the days before the Premiership. They met 35 times at City, with the blues winning 15 of those games to Rover’s 10.
Overall, City have a clear edge of Rovers in this fixture, winning 24 of the 54 games played with Rovers winning just 14 games. Last season, the blues won 4-1 at Eastlands, thanks to a Carlos Tevez hat-trick.
City v Blackburn Match Facts
The two teams met just six times in the old second division at Maine Road and City only lost once; Simon Garner grabbing a late winner after Ian Scott had given City a second minute lead.
City are currently unbeaten in four games against Blackburn, winning two and drawing two.
This fixture was first played in December 1899 when a 1-1 was played out.
City’s first home win over Blackburn cam at Hyde Road in November 1903 when Billy Meredith scored the only goal in a 1-0 win.
City’s biggest home win against Blackburn was 8-0, recorded in December 1916, While the blues biggest home defeat was much a more recent 3-0 loss in January 2007
Former City and Blackburn Players
Benjani is the most recent player to sign for both clubs but other additions to the list are Colin Hendry, Roque Santa Cruz, Jason Beckford (loan), Craig Bellamy, Eyal Berkovic (loan), Paul Dickov, Garry Flitcroft, Robbie Fowler, Shay Given, Bobby Mimms, Nicky Reid, Paul Warhurst.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?