City boss Roberto Mancini is set to return to the Spanish side Valencia in order to sign winger Pablo Hernandez.
The Daily Mail reports Valencia are ready to listen to offers for Hernandez but any chance of a deal for David Silva is all but dead as the playmaker has already rejected speculation about a move to the blues and has stated he wants to remain in Spain.
However, Valencia president Manuel Llorente is ready to listen to offers for his three midfield amigos: Silva, Hernandez and left winger Juan Mata and a deal for Hernandez could be struck soon.
Hernandez made 58 appearances for Valencia last season, scoring five goals and his signing could cast fresh doubt over the future of City’s England winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Do we need another winger? Is SWP’s time up?
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?