Robinho had a frustrating 2008-09 season at Man City. Despite finishing near the top of the Premier League goal scoring table, his play seemed uneven and at times he looked disinterested. But this Summer’s FIFA Confederations Cup has provided Robinho who has had a hand in four Brazilian goals sweet redemption on the world stage. While fellow Man City star Elano has found himself off the pitch after an unvene first game against Egypt, Robinho excelled against both the USA and Italy in consecutive 3-0 Brazil wins.
Next Robinho and Brazil face host South Africa in the semifinals with the opportunity to face Spain, the reigning Euro Champions in the final. Spain must get past the USA in the other semifinal.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville