Robinho had a frustrating 2008-09 season at Man City. Despite finishing near the top of the Premier League goal scoring table, his play seemed uneven and at times he looked disinterested. But this Summer’s FIFA Confederations Cup has provided Robinho who has had a hand in four Brazilian goals sweet redemption on the world stage. While fellow Man City star Elano has found himself off the pitch after an unvene first game against Egypt, Robinho excelled against both the USA and Italy in consecutive 3-0 Brazil wins.
Next Robinho and Brazil face host South Africa in the semifinals with the opportunity to face Spain, the reigning Euro Champions in the final. Spain must get past the USA in the other semifinal.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?