City midfielder Nigel de Jong has recommended the blues sign his Holland teammate Gregory van der Wiel.
The Ajax right back is rated at around £10m and de Jong has apparently pleaded with the club to sign him, claiming “we could use a good right back. I know Greg is on the wanted list. I’ve recommended him to City’s management.”
Van der Wiel was recently named Holland’s Young Player of the Year and is another name under the radar of Roberto Mancini. However, the youngster has also been monitored by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger but the youngster has stated in the past that he is only concentrating on the World Cup with Holland and is not thinking about interest from other clubs.
The defender is an attacking right back and has made 76 appearances for Ajax, scoring 8 goals in the process and has also made his senior international debut in February 2009 and has gone on to make a further seven appearances for Holland.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?