City midfielder Nigel de Jong has recommended the blues sign his Holland teammate Gregory van der Wiel.
The Ajax right back is rated at around £10m and de Jong has apparently pleaded with the club to sign him, claiming “we could use a good right back. I know Greg is on the wanted list. I’ve recommended him to City’s management.”
Van der Wiel was recently named Holland’s Young Player of the Year and is another name under the radar of Roberto Mancini. However, the youngster has also been monitored by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger but the youngster has stated in the past that he is only concentrating on the World Cup with Holland and is not thinking about interest from other clubs.
The defender is an attacking right back and has made 76 appearances for Ajax, scoring 8 goals in the process and has also made his senior international debut in February 2009 and has gone on to make a further seven appearances for Holland.
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate