City midfielder Nigel de Jong has recommended the blues sign his Holland teammate Gregory van der Wiel.
The Ajax right back is rated at around £10m and de Jong has apparently pleaded with the club to sign him, claiming “we could use a good right back. I know Greg is on the wanted list. I’ve recommended him to City’s management.”
Van der Wiel was recently named Holland’s Young Player of the Year and is another name under the radar of Roberto Mancini. However, the youngster has also been monitored by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger but the youngster has stated in the past that he is only concentrating on the World Cup with Holland and is not thinking about interest from other clubs.
The defender is an attacking right back and has made 76 appearances for Ajax, scoring 8 goals in the process and has also made his senior international debut in February 2009 and has gone on to make a further seven appearances for Holland.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville