City defender Joleon Lescott looks likely to miss the rest of the season and probably the World Cup finals in South Africa.
The £24m signing from Everton has been out for three weeks with a hamstring problem but his recovery has been slow and he is not expected to return for the remainder of the campaign.
Lescott suffered a partial tear of his hamstring tendon during the warm up prior to City’s 2-1 win at Fulham and was initially expected to be out of action for just a month. City manager Roberto Mancini was hoping Lescott would feature again this season but has admitted he doesn’t know when he will return. “Joleon is working hard every day but at the moment we have no news.”
The news will also be a blow to England manager Fabio Capello, who takes his England squad to South Africa in the summer and it now looks like Lescott will not be part of it.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville