Zlatan Ibrahimovich has revealed that he had an opportunity to join City but opted for AC Milan because he wants to win prizes.
The Swedish international had an apparently miserable first season at Barcelona and was rumoured to be joining City on several occasions before putting pen to paper on a loan deal at the San Siro.
City have spent millions improving the team, signing class players such as Yaya Toure, David Silva and James Milner to name a few, but Ibrahimovich was supposedly high on Mancini’s target list. But the Swede claims that City have to fight United, Arsenal and Chelsea to win anything. “Teams that took years to build,” claims Ibrahimovich. “City are a side for the future but Milan are a team that can win prizes now. City can wait for the future but I can’t,” continued the 29 year old striker.
I’m not sure what anyone else makes of his comments, but what I can deduce is that he thinks Serie A is going to be easy. Basically, he’s another lazy player who isn’t prepared to work hard to make sure his teams win and sees Milan as the easy option.
In addition, Mancini got fed up with waiting for the striker to commit and signed Balotelli instead.
Am I right or completely wrong on this? What do you think?
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund