Last Tuesday I went along to the Dublin branch of the Manchester City (O.S.C.) The official supporters club. It was my first time so I had no clue as what to except. The meetings are held in Chaplin’s Bar in Hawkins Street in the City centre every 3 weeks or so. Having gone to the meeting I have to say what a great bunch of lads.
Dublin O.S.C. is the first supporter’s club to be featured in the all new Topical City online magazine. Once a month it will feature a Supports club from around the word with a piece on their History, Events, and of course how to get in touch and be involved. This is part of a global push to get City supporters together and hopefully create more of a world wide fan base.
Issue one is now online at www.topicalcity.co.uk and a great read.
The second Issue is Due on Monday the 7 th of February and will feature the full story of the Dublin Branch and hopefully a few pictures of the Dublin lads.
The Dublin branch are celebrating 35 years this year and the story is a remarkable one. If you had to sum up the members of the club in one word it would have to be “Dedication ”
Like many others, I have travelled over and back to Manchester for the last 4 years now as a season ticket holder and even times on my own. Talking to the clubs Chairman Andy Grant and the Treasurer Joe Trainer on Tuesday one thing they said really struck a cord “You never have to be alone”.
Travelling with like minded City fans can be a new adventure and some great laughs along the way.
The Supporters also hold events to get all the family invoved ,with other branchs form the U.K. travelling to Dublin to join in the fun.
If your a City fan living in Dublin and like top socilize and be more involved with the club get in touch with the Dublin Man City O.S.C.
Next meeting is in Chaplin’s Bar, Hawkins Street, Dublin2 at 8.30 pm on Monday the 17 th of January 2011.
Chairman : Andy Grant
Treasurer : Joe Traynor
Secretary : Noel O’Connor
Asst. Secretary : Ron Hogan
Travel Secretary : John Morriarty
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities