Sky Sports report representatives of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzenko is in talks over a possible move to City.
The prolific marksman, who has scored 54 goals in 94 games, was linked to the blues last summer, but then manager Mark Hughes opted for Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz to boost his firepower.
Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren was hoping to hold onto his star striker but has admitted the Bosnian has a clause in his contract that will allow Dzenko to leave for a set amount prior to 1st June. But it now appears that McClaren’s hopes will be dashed by City’s move for the player.
Dzenko is a powerful, 6’2” striker and will be seen as the perfect strike partner to Carlos Tevez and his aerial ability will be called into practice with Adam Johnson and possibly Shaun Wright-Phillips along City’s wings.
If the Bosnian signs, it could spell the end of the City’s careers for either one of Santa Cruz, Adebayor or Bellamy, with the latter rumoured to be interested in dropping down a division to join Cardiff.
What do you think? Is Dzenko the right man to partner Carlos?
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?