Sky Sports report representatives of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzenko is in talks over a possible move to City.
The prolific marksman, who has scored 54 goals in 94 games, was linked to the blues last summer, but then manager Mark Hughes opted for Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz to boost his firepower.
Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren was hoping to hold onto his star striker but has admitted the Bosnian has a clause in his contract that will allow Dzenko to leave for a set amount prior to 1st June. But it now appears that McClaren’s hopes will be dashed by City’s move for the player.
Dzenko is a powerful, 6’2” striker and will be seen as the perfect strike partner to Carlos Tevez and his aerial ability will be called into practice with Adam Johnson and possibly Shaun Wright-Phillips along City’s wings.
If the Bosnian signs, it could spell the end of the City’s careers for either one of Santa Cruz, Adebayor or Bellamy, with the latter rumoured to be interested in dropping down a division to join Cardiff.
What do you think? Is Dzenko the right man to partner Carlos?
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash