Sky Sports report representatives of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzenko is in talks over a possible move to City.
The prolific marksman, who has scored 54 goals in 94 games, was linked to the blues last summer, but then manager Mark Hughes opted for Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz to boost his firepower.
Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren was hoping to hold onto his star striker but has admitted the Bosnian has a clause in his contract that will allow Dzenko to leave for a set amount prior to 1st June. But it now appears that McClaren’s hopes will be dashed by City’s move for the player.
Dzenko is a powerful, 6’2” striker and will be seen as the perfect strike partner to Carlos Tevez and his aerial ability will be called into practice with Adam Johnson and possibly Shaun Wright-Phillips along City’s wings.
If the Bosnian signs, it could spell the end of the City’s careers for either one of Santa Cruz, Adebayor or Bellamy, with the latter rumoured to be interested in dropping down a division to join Cardiff.
What do you think? Is Dzenko the right man to partner Carlos?
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion