The FIFA Confederations Cup begins Sunday and Man City heroes Robinho and Elano will be among the key players to watch. Brazil having been transformed into a more tactical and defensive minded side under Dunga lead COMNEBOL qualifying and now put their impressive record on display against some of the world’s best.
Brazil has been drawn into Group B with Egypt, the United States and Italy. The Brazilians will be favored against Egypt who will be without Zaki, and will overwhelming favorites against the United States who have struggled away from home for the better part of six years. But it is the match-up versus Marcello Lippi and Italy that bears watching. That final group game will be broadcast in the UK i on BBC 3 a week from today.
Should Brazil advance to the final a date with Spain, the current world #1 could await. We’ll track Elano and Robinho’s progress throughout the tournament.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?