The FIFA Confederations Cup begins Sunday and Man City heroes Robinho and Elano will be among the key players to watch. Brazil having been transformed into a more tactical and defensive minded side under Dunga lead COMNEBOL qualifying and now put their impressive record on display against some of the world’s best.
Brazil has been drawn into Group B with Egypt, the United States and Italy. The Brazilians will be favored against Egypt who will be without Zaki, and will overwhelming favorites against the United States who have struggled away from home for the better part of six years. But it is the match-up versus Marcello Lippi and Italy that bears watching. That final group game will be broadcast in the UK i on BBC 3 a week from today.
Should Brazil advance to the final a date with Spain, the current world #1 could await. We’ll track Elano and Robinho’s progress throughout the tournament.
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot
- Guardiola wants Man City to move for Jack Grealish
- Gael Clichy questions City’s move for Lionel Messi