City winger Adam Johnson has been named in Fabio Capello’s 30 man provisional England squad for the upcoming games against Mexico and Japan.
Johnson signed for City on the final day of the January transfer market and has been in fine form as the blues qualified for Europe and almost made it to the Champions League qualifiers.
Gareth Barry as also included in the squad and will be given the chance to get himself fit before Capello trims the squad down for the tournament in South Africa which starts in just over four weeks time.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart, who spent the whole of last season on loan at Birmingham and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips complete the City quartet.
Also included in the provisional squad are Spurs duo Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone, who have both excelled this season.
Should Johnson go to South Africa or is it too early for him?
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville