City winger Adam Johnson has been named in Fabio Capello’s 30 man provisional England squad for the upcoming games against Mexico and Japan.
Johnson signed for City on the final day of the January transfer market and has been in fine form as the blues qualified for Europe and almost made it to the Champions League qualifiers.
Gareth Barry as also included in the squad and will be given the chance to get himself fit before Capello trims the squad down for the tournament in South Africa which starts in just over four weeks time.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart, who spent the whole of last season on loan at Birmingham and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips complete the City quartet.
Also included in the provisional squad are Spurs duo Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone, who have both excelled this season.
Should Johnson go to South Africa or is it too early for him?
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?