City winger Adam Johnson has been named in Fabio Capello’s 30 man provisional England squad for the upcoming games against Mexico and Japan.
Johnson signed for City on the final day of the January transfer market and has been in fine form as the blues qualified for Europe and almost made it to the Champions League qualifiers.
Gareth Barry as also included in the squad and will be given the chance to get himself fit before Capello trims the squad down for the tournament in South Africa which starts in just over four weeks time.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart, who spent the whole of last season on loan at Birmingham and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips complete the City quartet.
Also included in the provisional squad are Spurs duo Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone, who have both excelled this season.
Should Johnson go to South Africa or is it too early for him?
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s