Place of Birth: Berlin
Former Clubs: Hertha Berlin 2006 – 2007 (34 appearances, 1 goal)
SV Hamburger 2007 – 2010 (73 appearances no goals)
International: Germany Under 21’s (15 appearances, 1 goal)
Germany Senior (3 appearances, no goals)
Jerome Boateng is the younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin-Prince Boateng. Born to a Ghanaian father and German mother, both Boateng brothers were eligible to play for Ghana or Germany. Kevin-Prince opted for Ghana but Jerome decided on Germany and will line up against each other at the World Cup finals in 2010.
He made his Bundesliga debut for Hertha Berlin against Hannover 96 and became a first team regular at just 18 years old. He moved to Hamburg in August 2007 for a reported fee of 1.1m Euros.
Boateng made his international debut for Germany’s senior team in October 2009 against Russia, but was sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville