Place of Birth: Berlin
Former Clubs: Hertha Berlin 2006 – 2007 (34 appearances, 1 goal)
SV Hamburger 2007 – 2010 (73 appearances no goals)
International: Germany Under 21’s (15 appearances, 1 goal)
Germany Senior (3 appearances, no goals)
Jerome Boateng is the younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin-Prince Boateng. Born to a Ghanaian father and German mother, both Boateng brothers were eligible to play for Ghana or Germany. Kevin-Prince opted for Ghana but Jerome decided on Germany and will line up against each other at the World Cup finals in 2010.
He made his Bundesliga debut for Hertha Berlin against Hannover 96 and became a first team regular at just 18 years old. He moved to Hamburg in August 2007 for a reported fee of 1.1m Euros.
Boateng made his international debut for Germany’s senior team in October 2009 against Russia, but was sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash