The blues feature considerably again in this morning’s usual transfer rumours with four players on the radar and one mentioned in a surprise move.
As reported yesterday, Zlatan Ibrahimovich has been offered to both City and Chelsea as Barcelona look to clear their decks in order to make a fresh assault on the Champions League next season. But the Spaniards are looking to receive around £40m for the striker and have touted only the clubs who can afford, mainly the blues and the new English champions.
Caught Offside report City will attempt to land Aston Villa duo Luke Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor. Mancini is reported to want to increase his ‘home grown’ contingent and believes a bid of around £45m for the pair will be enough to tempt Villa to sell.
Any deal would not go down well with the Villa fans, who last year watched Gareth Barry leave for a mere £12m. But it is unlikely Villa will accept the bid as they themselves prepare for another assault on the top four and the Europa League next season.
The Metro this morning report City have failed in their bid to sign Fernando Torres and have decided to go for the next best thing: Darren Bent. The former Spurs striker has been in good form for Sunderland this season and his performance have earned him a call-up to Fabio Capello’s provisional England squad. £20m is the fee that is currently being bounded about.
One player who has been long rumoured to be on his way out of City could be on his way to Merseyside. Everton have emerged as surprise contenders to snatch the signature of Craig Bellamy from under the noses of Spurs.
But the possibility of playing in the Champions League next season may be a deciding factor in whether Bellamy stays in the north or moves back to London.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?