City travel to Fulham on Sunday, defending a three game unbeaten run against the West London club on their own soil.
The last time the blues lost a game at Craven Cottage was in November 2005, when a Lee Croft goal was City’s consolation in a 2-1 defeat. But City have beaten Fulham twice away from home. In December 2002, a Nicolas Anelka goal was enough to bring three points back to Eastlands, while Joey Barton, DaMarcus Beasley and Darius Vassell all scored in a vital 3-1 in April 2007.
The two teams have played out four draws in London. In September 2003, Anelka and Paolo Wanchope scored in a 2-2 draw while the following season Claudio Reyna grabbed City’s goal in a 1-1 draw. Martin Petrov got a brace and Emile Mpenza the other in a 3-3 draw in September 2007 and Benjani scored City’s first headed goal of the season in a 1-1 draw in December 2008.
Outside the Premiership, City have travelled to Fulham on 17 occasions, with eight games being played in the old division one, the last of which was in December 1984 when the blues were beaten 3-2.
In all competitions, the statistics are very close. City have won seven games while Fulham have won eleven, with the blues scoring 42 goals to Fulham’s 48.
City’s playing Record at Fulham
|First Division (Old)||8||4||0||4||17||19|
|Second Division (Old)||7||1||3||3||13||16|
|First Division (New)||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|Second Division (New)||1||0||0||1||0||3|
Other Match facts
City have a better Premier League record at Fulham than they do at home. City have won two at home but have been beaten three times.
The biggest win involving these two sides have always included five goals. City’s biggest win at Craven Cottage was 5-2 in January 1927.
City’s heaviest defeat was as recent as 1984, when a Neil McNab goal was City’s only consolation in a 5-1 drubbing in West London.
The highest attendance for this fixture was for an FA Cup tie in February 1908, when the blues were beaten 3-1 in front of 37,000 crowd.
The lowest attendance was in December 1984 when just 6,874 watched the two teams meet for the last time for fourteen years.
Stats Courtesy of www.mcfcstats.com
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season