City keeper Shay Given is set for more goalkeeping pain as City boss Roberto Mancini confirms Joe Hart will retain his place between the sticks.
Hart suffered an embarrassing incident against Blackburn after a communication problem between him and Kolo Toure allowed Rovers to take a first half lead at Eastlands on Saturday.
Mancini was rumoured to be ready to rest Hart for Thursday’s trip to Salzburg but the Italian said “we are involved in four competitions and I’m sure Shay will play in Europe at some point. But I will continue to play Joe on Thursday.”
The news will come as another blow to Given, who had hoped for the opportunity to impress Mancini and stake his claim to regain the number one spot.
What do you think? Should Shay be given a chance to impress Mancini or should Hart remain in goal?
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville