City keeper Shay Given is set for more goalkeeping pain as City boss Roberto Mancini confirms Joe Hart will retain his place between the sticks.
Hart suffered an embarrassing incident against Blackburn after a communication problem between him and Kolo Toure allowed Rovers to take a first half lead at Eastlands on Saturday.
Mancini was rumoured to be ready to rest Hart for Thursday’s trip to Salzburg but the Italian said “we are involved in four competitions and I’m sure Shay will play in Europe at some point. But I will continue to play Joe on Thursday.”
The news will come as another blow to Given, who had hoped for the opportunity to impress Mancini and stake his claim to regain the number one spot.
What do you think? Should Shay be given a chance to impress Mancini or should Hart remain in goal?
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund