City keeper Shay Given is set for more goalkeeping pain as City boss Roberto Mancini confirms Joe Hart will retain his place between the sticks.
Hart suffered an embarrassing incident against Blackburn after a communication problem between him and Kolo Toure allowed Rovers to take a first half lead at Eastlands on Saturday.
Mancini was rumoured to be ready to rest Hart for Thursday’s trip to Salzburg but the Italian said “we are involved in four competitions and I’m sure Shay will play in Europe at some point. But I will continue to play Joe on Thursday.”
The news will come as another blow to Given, who had hoped for the opportunity to impress Mancini and stake his claim to regain the number one spot.
What do you think? Should Shay be given a chance to impress Mancini or should Hart remain in goal?
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season