City keeper Shay Given is set for more goalkeeping pain as City boss Roberto Mancini confirms Joe Hart will retain his place between the sticks.
Hart suffered an embarrassing incident against Blackburn after a communication problem between him and Kolo Toure allowed Rovers to take a first half lead at Eastlands on Saturday.
Mancini was rumoured to be ready to rest Hart for Thursday’s trip to Salzburg but the Italian said “we are involved in four competitions and I’m sure Shay will play in Europe at some point. But I will continue to play Joe on Thursday.”
The news will come as another blow to Given, who had hoped for the opportunity to impress Mancini and stake his claim to regain the number one spot.
What do you think? Should Shay be given a chance to impress Mancini or should Hart remain in goal?
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?