City keeper Shay Given is set for more goalkeeping pain as City boss Roberto Mancini confirms Joe Hart will retain his place between the sticks.
Hart suffered an embarrassing incident against Blackburn after a communication problem between him and Kolo Toure allowed Rovers to take a first half lead at Eastlands on Saturday.
Mancini was rumoured to be ready to rest Hart for Thursday’s trip to Salzburg but the Italian said “we are involved in four competitions and I’m sure Shay will play in Europe at some point. But I will continue to play Joe on Thursday.”
The news will come as another blow to Given, who had hoped for the opportunity to impress Mancini and stake his claim to regain the number one spot.
What do you think? Should Shay be given a chance to impress Mancini or should Hart remain in goal?
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities