Vladimir Weiss will return to Manchester tonight but in a Rangers shirt as the Scottish club take on United at Old Trafford.
The Slovakian winger is on loan at Ibrox and is looking forward to the game in Stretford tonight. “For me it is a special one because I am back in Manchester and playing against my biggest rivals so I hope all my City mates watch the game and we will try and get a good result,” said the tricky winger.
Despite being on the bench in the City squad, Weiss has never faced United at the highest level and is hopeful of making an appearance at Old Trafford. United are clear favourites for the game and the group but Weiss reckons the Gers could spring a surprise.
“Every game starts from 0-0. Obviously Man Utd are the favourites for the group, but anything can happen in football. I don’t think we will be scared, we will try to get at least a point, but I am the type that wants to win every game. Even at Old Trafford, we can get three points.”
The game at Old Trafford marks the return of Rangers fans to Manchester for the first time since violence erupted following the 2008 UEFA Cup final at Eastlands.
Will Weiss be the difference at Old Trafford? Will the Rangers fans behave themselves? Let us know your thoughts.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities