City keeper Joe Hart will earn his second cap as England take on Mexico on Monday evening.
Hart has made one appearance for the senior side but manager Fabio Capello has confirmed Hart will get 45 minutes against the Mexicans. Capello has indicated he will use an ‘experimental’ line up for Monday’s game and Hart will line up alongside team-mate Adam Johnson, who is also expected to start.
“Johnson is one player who is really good,” says Capello. “He has improved a lot and is a really, really good player.” The City winger is expected to make the plane to South Africa and an impressive performance on his England debut should be enough to book his ticket.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?