City keeper Joe Hart will earn his second cap as England take on Mexico on Monday evening.
Hart has made one appearance for the senior side but manager Fabio Capello has confirmed Hart will get 45 minutes against the Mexicans. Capello has indicated he will use an ‘experimental’ line up for Monday’s game and Hart will line up alongside team-mate Adam Johnson, who is also expected to start.
“Johnson is one player who is really good,” says Capello. “He has improved a lot and is a really, really good player.” The City winger is expected to make the plane to South Africa and an impressive performance on his England debut should be enough to book his ticket.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?