City keeper Joe Hart will earn his second cap as England take on Mexico on Monday evening.
Hart has made one appearance for the senior side but manager Fabio Capello has confirmed Hart will get 45 minutes against the Mexicans. Capello has indicated he will use an ‘experimental’ line up for Monday’s game and Hart will line up alongside team-mate Adam Johnson, who is also expected to start.
“Johnson is one player who is really good,” says Capello. “He has improved a lot and is a really, really good player.” The City winger is expected to make the plane to South Africa and an impressive performance on his England debut should be enough to book his ticket.
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba