City keeper Joe Hart will earn his second cap as England take on Mexico on Monday evening.
Hart has made one appearance for the senior side but manager Fabio Capello has confirmed Hart will get 45 minutes against the Mexicans. Capello has indicated he will use an ‘experimental’ line up for Monday’s game and Hart will line up alongside team-mate Adam Johnson, who is also expected to start.
“Johnson is one player who is really good,” says Capello. “He has improved a lot and is a really, really good player.” The City winger is expected to make the plane to South Africa and an impressive performance on his England debut should be enough to book his ticket.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville