The long, drawn out and quite frankly boring saga of Mario Balotelli could be nearing its end with a move to the blues, according to The Telegraph.
But the paper doesn’t actually specify that the Italian striker is ready to join the blues yet, but rather focuses on the relationship between the striker and former and present managers. The 19 year old fell out of favour with former boss Jose Mourinho and new manager Rafa Benitez is apparently resigned to losing the youngster.
City’s former Inter manager Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for Balotelli and has said that, if Inter decided to sell, City would be there, adding fuel to the flames that the striker will be the latest addition to City’s expensive squad which has already seen Jerome Boateng, Yaya Toure and David Silva join, with the arrival of Lazio full back Aleksander Kolarov also imminent.
Balotelli made his name at Inter under Mancini and the odds of a move to Eastlands must be stacked in City’s favour. I just wish they could get something sorted soon as this saga is getting worse than the Twilight series, although not as boring.
What do you think? Should City sign Balotelli? Is there a better alternative? Send us your thoughts.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash