The long, drawn out and quite frankly boring saga of Mario Balotelli could be nearing its end with a move to the blues, according to The Telegraph.
But the paper doesn’t actually specify that the Italian striker is ready to join the blues yet, but rather focuses on the relationship between the striker and former and present managers. The 19 year old fell out of favour with former boss Jose Mourinho and new manager Rafa Benitez is apparently resigned to losing the youngster.
City’s former Inter manager Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for Balotelli and has said that, if Inter decided to sell, City would be there, adding fuel to the flames that the striker will be the latest addition to City’s expensive squad which has already seen Jerome Boateng, Yaya Toure and David Silva join, with the arrival of Lazio full back Aleksander Kolarov also imminent.
Balotelli made his name at Inter under Mancini and the odds of a move to Eastlands must be stacked in City’s favour. I just wish they could get something sorted soon as this saga is getting worse than the Twilight series, although not as boring.
What do you think? Should City sign Balotelli? Is there a better alternative? Send us your thoughts.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?