England boss Fabio Capello has hinted that City winger Adam Johnson may be in line for an England call.
“Johnson has caught my eye,” explains the England boss, who also stated that it is important the youngster gets some international experience and may feature in England’s World Cup warm up match with Mexico in May.
Johnson has yet to feature for England but may be in the frame following injury to both David Beckham and Aaron Lennon.
The winger, signed from Middlesbrough on transfer deadline day, has made series of impressive displays and scored his first goal for the club to secure a point in a 1-1 draw at Sunderland.
Although naturally left footed, City have played Johnson mainly on the right and he has looked comfortable in his first eleven games in the Premier League, something that Capello also recognises. “He has come up from the Championship at Middlesbrough, where he played in a different position, and he has done well with Manchester City.”
The Italian will name his provisional World Cup squad on 16th May prior to the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville