Carlos Tevez has urged Fernando Torres to join him at City and fire the blues to glory and stated he has no regrets in joining the blues.
The Argentine had an excellent debut season with the blues following his controversial transfer from Old Trafford and sees Torres as the ideal partner in the blues forward line. ‘Torres would definitely make us better, he’s one of the top strikers in the world and I would love to have him as a team-mate,” said Tevez.
The Spaniard’s future has been under increased debate, following the departure of former boss Rafa Benitez and the arrival of Roy Hodgson, who is determined to keep hold of his prize asset.
Tevez himself will be aware of rumours regarding his City future, with reports that the Argentine is unhappy at Eastlands. However, in urging Torres to join the blues, Tevez said “know I’ve never regretted coming to City. It’s the best decision I ever made.”
City would have to smash the British transfer record again in order to land Torres, who is also a target for Chelsea.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?