It has been reported for some time that a deal for Lazio left back Aleksander Kolarov has been struck and the transfer near to completion.
But, if the rumours are to be believed, mainly from the Daily Mail, Juventus may be ready to hijack the deal in order to keep the Serbian in Italy. City have made a £17m bid for the player, which has been accepted by the Serie A side but Lazio president Claudio Lotito has said that if Juventus are interested, they should make an offer. “Everyone has his price,” he said.
And it could be worse news for the blues as the same paper reports Chelsea could be preparing a bid fro Inter Milan youngster Mario Balotelli. The striker, who played under Mancini at Inter, is apparently on the brink of a move to Eastlands but, with negotiations ongoing and no firm results being seen, the Premier League Champions could step in with a last minute bid.
Will the blues miss out on both players or will they be wearing City blue on August 14th? Let us know your thoughts.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season