It has been reported for some time that a deal for Lazio left back Aleksander Kolarov has been struck and the transfer near to completion.
But, if the rumours are to be believed, mainly from the Daily Mail, Juventus may be ready to hijack the deal in order to keep the Serbian in Italy. City have made a £17m bid for the player, which has been accepted by the Serie A side but Lazio president Claudio Lotito has said that if Juventus are interested, they should make an offer. “Everyone has his price,” he said.
And it could be worse news for the blues as the same paper reports Chelsea could be preparing a bid fro Inter Milan youngster Mario Balotelli. The striker, who played under Mancini at Inter, is apparently on the brink of a move to Eastlands but, with negotiations ongoing and no firm results being seen, the Premier League Champions could step in with a last minute bid.
Will the blues miss out on both players or will they be wearing City blue on August 14th? Let us know your thoughts.
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players
- Riyad Mahrez admits City’s woes in front of goal have been frustrating
- Txiki Begiristain: We are really happy with Pep’s commitment