After seven successive league draws, some against sides whose point gained against City could mean Premiership survival, a domestic cup competition saw the side refocused and playing good football. Manchester City’s focus on the League Cup has in fact paid off.
The first half was a dour affair, but second half wonder goals from Carlos Tevez and SWP as well as a nice finish by Vladamir Weiss gave the Blues passage to the clubs first Cup semifinal since 1981. In recent years City has come close to making the semifinals of a major cup, reaching the Quartfinals of the FA Cup in 2007 and the UEFA Cup last Spring.
Much more later on the upcominf two leg semifinal tie with Manchester United.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season