After seven successive league draws, some against sides whose point gained against City could mean Premiership survival, a domestic cup competition saw the side refocused and playing good football. Manchester City’s focus on the League Cup has in fact paid off.
The first half was a dour affair, but second half wonder goals from Carlos Tevez and SWP as well as a nice finish by Vladamir Weiss gave the Blues passage to the clubs first Cup semifinal since 1981. In recent years City has come close to making the semifinals of a major cup, reaching the Quartfinals of the FA Cup in 2007 and the UEFA Cup last Spring.
Much more later on the upcominf two leg semifinal tie with Manchester United.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville