Carlos Tevez feels differently about West Ham than he does Manchester United. After scoring his Premiership goal for City against one of his former clubs, the Argentine apologized openly to the West Ham fans, something he was unlikely to do had he scored last week at Old Trafford. Tevez, it is recalled almost single handily saved then manager Alan Curbishley’s Hammers side from relegation in the 2006-07 season with an amazing final month of the season.
Tevez scored again in the second half, after Martin Petrov subbing for the injured Elano on the left side scored on a free kick late in the first half. City missed countless other opportunities to score goals early, and West Ham took advantage with a nifty piece of finishing touch from Carlton Cole. Additionally, West Ham had a perfectly good goal waived off when Cole was incorrectly whistled for a foul.
City’s midfield play was exemplary today, and West Ham though game did not provide stern resistance after about the 60th minute. Also outstanding for City today was Nigel DeJong, who sat in front of the back four and broke up many a West Ham opportunity. Craig Bellamy provided his normal quality and energy on the attacking end.
This was City’s final game without the suspended Emmanuel Adebayor, who returns for next Monday’s fixture versus Aston Villa at Villa Park.
Santa Cruz 5
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season