City manager Roberto Mancini hailed City’s 3-0 win over Wigan, which lifted the blues back into fifth and two points behind Spurs, but was not happy with the performance, particularly in the first half.
“We were not good in the first half and it was impossible for us to be like that again after the break,” Said the Italian. “I’m pleased with the clean sheet. If we want to finish fourth, we really have to pay attention in defence but we also need a lot of goals.
It took until the 72nd minute for City to finally break the deadlock, but when it happened, Carlos Tevez couldn’t stop and scored a 13 minute hat-trick. The first goal came following a blunder by the Wigan keeper which left Tevez with a simple tap in. Two minutes later, Tevez scored at the far post before completing his hat-trick with a superb solo goal.
Mancini later hailed the Argentine’s performance. “It was a good performance by Carlos. He scored three important goals. I am happy with him. He is scoring a lot of goals and has always been a good player. He is a young player, who is improving every year.”
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash