City manager Roberto Mancini hailed City’s 3-0 win over Wigan, which lifted the blues back into fifth and two points behind Spurs, but was not happy with the performance, particularly in the first half.
“We were not good in the first half and it was impossible for us to be like that again after the break,” Said the Italian. “I’m pleased with the clean sheet. If we want to finish fourth, we really have to pay attention in defence but we also need a lot of goals.
It took until the 72nd minute for City to finally break the deadlock, but when it happened, Carlos Tevez couldn’t stop and scored a 13 minute hat-trick. The first goal came following a blunder by the Wigan keeper which left Tevez with a simple tap in. Two minutes later, Tevez scored at the far post before completing his hat-trick with a superb solo goal.
Mancini later hailed the Argentine’s performance. “It was a good performance by Carlos. He scored three important goals. I am happy with him. He is scoring a lot of goals and has always been a good player. He is a young player, who is improving every year.”
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville