City manager Roberto Mancini hailed City’s 3-0 win over Wigan, which lifted the blues back into fifth and two points behind Spurs, but was not happy with the performance, particularly in the first half.
“We were not good in the first half and it was impossible for us to be like that again after the break,” Said the Italian. “I’m pleased with the clean sheet. If we want to finish fourth, we really have to pay attention in defence but we also need a lot of goals.
It took until the 72nd minute for City to finally break the deadlock, but when it happened, Carlos Tevez couldn’t stop and scored a 13 minute hat-trick. The first goal came following a blunder by the Wigan keeper which left Tevez with a simple tap in. Two minutes later, Tevez scored at the far post before completing his hat-trick with a superb solo goal.
Mancini later hailed the Argentine’s performance. “It was a good performance by Carlos. He scored three important goals. I am happy with him. He is scoring a lot of goals and has always been a good player. He is a young player, who is improving every year.”
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?