City manager Roberto Mancini may make a move for Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic after it has emerged the Swedish striker may be allowed to leave the Nou Camp after just one season.
Ibrahimovic has scored 16 goals in 29 appearances for the Spanish side but with Valencia striker David Villa set to move over the summer, it looks like the Swede will find himself surplus to requirements. And recent reports from Spain suggested Barca president Joan Laporta had approached City as well as Chelsea to try an offload the striker.
Ibrahimovic has previously played under Mancini at Inter Milan and the City boss has made no secret of his desire to link up with the Swede again and has identified the striker as one of his main summer transfer targets.
The Italian has moved swiftly in the transfer market and has already opened negotiations to bring Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng to Eastlands, as well as targeting Benfica duo David Luiz and Angel Di Maria, with James Milner also linked with the club.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville