City boss Roberto Mancini is not wasting any time in bringing in new blood after announcing the blues are close to signing Jerome Boateng from Hamburg.
The younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin Prince has been high on Mancini’s list of transfer targets and the Italian now looks likely to complete an £11m deal as early as this week.
It is a clear message from Mancini that they will not settle for anything less than a top four place next season and to reiterate that point, the blues have also been linked with a £40m move or Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard.
The versatile German international can play at right back, centre back or midfield and will be Mancini’s third signing since taking over as manager in December 2009. Once signed, Boateng will become the third Hamburg player to join the blues since 2008, with Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong already established in the City first team.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement