City boss Roberto Mancini is not wasting any time in bringing in new blood after announcing the blues are close to signing Jerome Boateng from Hamburg.
The younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin Prince has been high on Mancini’s list of transfer targets and the Italian now looks likely to complete an £11m deal as early as this week.
It is a clear message from Mancini that they will not settle for anything less than a top four place next season and to reiterate that point, the blues have also been linked with a £40m move or Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard.
The versatile German international can play at right back, centre back or midfield and will be Mancini’s third signing since taking over as manager in December 2009. Once signed, Boateng will become the third Hamburg player to join the blues since 2008, with Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong already established in the City first team.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities