City boss Roberto Mancini is on alert after speculation from Spain that Yaya Toure, brother of City defender Kolo, could be set to leave Barcelona.
According to the midfielder’s agent, Dimitri Seljuk, Toure is ‘90% certain’ to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Arsenal and City leading the race for his signature.
The blues have been long time admirers of the Ivory Coast star, who Seljuk describes as the ‘best player in the world in his position.’ But the blues should prepare for disappointment as Seljuk claims Arsenal are interested and believes they can do business. “I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger,” said Seljuk.
City hope the fact his brother is captain at Eastlands will influence the midfielder, but Barcelona may use Toure as bait in order to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Premier League runners up United may also be interested in signing the star.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?