City boss Roberto Mancini is on alert after speculation from Spain that Yaya Toure, brother of City defender Kolo, could be set to leave Barcelona.
According to the midfielder’s agent, Dimitri Seljuk, Toure is ‘90% certain’ to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Arsenal and City leading the race for his signature.
The blues have been long time admirers of the Ivory Coast star, who Seljuk describes as the ‘best player in the world in his position.’ But the blues should prepare for disappointment as Seljuk claims Arsenal are interested and believes they can do business. “I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger,” said Seljuk.
City hope the fact his brother is captain at Eastlands will influence the midfielder, but Barcelona may use Toure as bait in order to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Premier League runners up United may also be interested in signing the star.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement