City boss Roberto Mancini is on alert after speculation from Spain that Yaya Toure, brother of City defender Kolo, could be set to leave Barcelona.
According to the midfielder’s agent, Dimitri Seljuk, Toure is ‘90% certain’ to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Arsenal and City leading the race for his signature.
The blues have been long time admirers of the Ivory Coast star, who Seljuk describes as the ‘best player in the world in his position.’ But the blues should prepare for disappointment as Seljuk claims Arsenal are interested and believes they can do business. “I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger,” said Seljuk.
City hope the fact his brother is captain at Eastlands will influence the midfielder, but Barcelona may use Toure as bait in order to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Premier League runners up United may also be interested in signing the star.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities