Fulham’s 5-4 aggregate victory over Juventus has left Roberto Mancini with egg on his face after the City manager claimed Juventus ‘couldn’t lose’ ahead of the Europa League game.
Speaking to Tuttosport, Bobby claimed Juve had ‘greater depth’ than Fulham and that they ‘cannot lose, in the sense that they would go through to the quarter finals.’
Juve were favourites to progress after taking a 3-1 first leg lead to Craven Cottage and took the lead before Fulham completed a remarkable comeback to win 4-1 on the night and send The Old Lady crashing out of the competition.
It just goes to show how a team can be seriously underestimated, no matter what competition they are playing in. I just hope that Bobby doesn’t make any more blunders before Sunday’s game.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?