Fulham’s 5-4 aggregate victory over Juventus has left Roberto Mancini with egg on his face after the City manager claimed Juventus ‘couldn’t lose’ ahead of the Europa League game.
Speaking to Tuttosport, Bobby claimed Juve had ‘greater depth’ than Fulham and that they ‘cannot lose, in the sense that they would go through to the quarter finals.’
Juve were favourites to progress after taking a 3-1 first leg lead to Craven Cottage and took the lead before Fulham completed a remarkable comeback to win 4-1 on the night and send The Old Lady crashing out of the competition.
It just goes to show how a team can be seriously underestimated, no matter what competition they are playing in. I just hope that Bobby doesn’t make any more blunders before Sunday’s game.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?