Fulham’s 5-4 aggregate victory over Juventus has left Roberto Mancini with egg on his face after the City manager claimed Juventus ‘couldn’t lose’ ahead of the Europa League game.
Speaking to Tuttosport, Bobby claimed Juve had ‘greater depth’ than Fulham and that they ‘cannot lose, in the sense that they would go through to the quarter finals.’
Juve were favourites to progress after taking a 3-1 first leg lead to Craven Cottage and took the lead before Fulham completed a remarkable comeback to win 4-1 on the night and send The Old Lady crashing out of the competition.
It just goes to show how a team can be seriously underestimated, no matter what competition they are playing in. I just hope that Bobby doesn’t make any more blunders before Sunday’s game.
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate