Why are City’s transfers so long and drawn out? The latest is Mario Balotelli’s move from Inter Milan to Eastlands which has been on and off over the last god know how long.
Fees and terms failing to be agreed have been cited as the cause of the delay but now the striker himself thrown fresh doubt over his proposed move to City by saying he gets homesick.
“I don’t like being alone. I can’t imagine being far from my family, in another city,” says the temperamental striker.
Balotelli has long been admired by City manager Roberto Mancini, who gave the striker his debut while coach at Inter Milan, but Balotelli’s comments may signify the end of the manager’s interest.
But it’s simple, Mario and it is all up to you mate. Basically, if you don’t want to sign for us, just come out and say so, leaving us free to chase other targets. So do us all a favour, make your decision and stick to it, no matter what it is.
Should we give up on Balotelli? If we do, who should our next striking target be?
Don’t forget to sign up for OTBM’s fantasy football league, which starts on 14th August. The details are on our Fantasy Football page under the Fun & Games section.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?