Why are City’s transfers so long and drawn out? The latest is Mario Balotelli’s move from Inter Milan to Eastlands which has been on and off over the last god know how long.
Fees and terms failing to be agreed have been cited as the cause of the delay but now the striker himself thrown fresh doubt over his proposed move to City by saying he gets homesick.
“I don’t like being alone. I can’t imagine being far from my family, in another city,” says the temperamental striker.
Balotelli has long been admired by City manager Roberto Mancini, who gave the striker his debut while coach at Inter Milan, but Balotelli’s comments may signify the end of the manager’s interest.
But it’s simple, Mario and it is all up to you mate. Basically, if you don’t want to sign for us, just come out and say so, leaving us free to chase other targets. So do us all a favour, make your decision and stick to it, no matter what it is.
Should we give up on Balotelli? If we do, who should our next striking target be?
Don’t forget to sign up for OTBM’s fantasy football league, which starts on 14th August. The details are on our Fantasy Football page under the Fun & Games section.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season